Letter to our Patients
Dear Richardson Cosmetic Dentistry patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Contactless Check-In: call us when you arrive. Please wait in your car and we will call you when the room is disinfected and ready just for you.
- Before we begin, we have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use. We will also take your temperature and ask you to pre-rinse with a medicated mouthwash.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will only be seeing one patient at a time and are delaying deep cleanings until CDC deems it is safe for our hygienists. Regular cleanings are most welcome.
- That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We ask you not to bring any companions unless you are elderly, disabled, using sedation, or are a minor to honor social distancing. Companions will be screened as well.
- To reduce aerosols in the room and increase infection control, we will be using more protective equipment, an isolation system, and a high-speed evacuation unit.
- For general patient/employee protection, please call us if you have any flu-like symptoms or get COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (972) 690 – 6653 or visit our website at richardsoncosmeticdentistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Anu & Dr. Naz
Richardson Cosmetic Dentistry